Sunday, March 09, 2008

Star Trek Convention in NJ

A young fan


A not so young fan



This weekend Jordan and I made our way to Secaucus, New Jersey for the Official Star Trek Convention. Jordan is a big fan and is in the midst of watching every single episode of the Star Trek franchise starting with the original series. He is currently up to watching The Next Generation and Deep Space Nine. He alternates between the two because they were on at the same time. It will take him a long time to finish this project and he is very committed to see it through. I do admire Jordan in his ability to start a project and see it through to the end. Like the year he read one book a week or the year he watched 365 movies and kept a journal to document all the movies. He still keeps a movie journal but doesn't see as many as he used to on account of the Star Trek Project. So the convention was fun. It was pretty much what I expected. Jordan was a little disappointed that there weren't as many people in costume as the Las Vegas convention. I was surprised at how many middle aged women there were. There were alot of folks there that perpetuated the nerdy/socially awkward stereotype. And the fashions.........I forgot to make sure to wash my "I'm with illogical" t-shirt. Jordan got a lot of compliments on his t-shirt. He did warn me in advance that he was going to buy a lot of toys........... and he did.



The Second Place Winners in Costume Contest (Should have been First Place)

No comments: