Saturday, March 01, 2008

Friday Date Nights

The last few Fridays have been great date nights. Somehow going out on Friday makes the weekend seem longer and who doesn't love a longer weekend. So, the Friday before last, Jordan and I went to Arturo's for a nice pizza pie. Arturo's has been around for awhile and are famous for their coal oven pizza. They also have live jazz music which was great. We ordered a small pie with tomato and pepperoni. The small is very generous in size. We had left-overs that almost lasted until breakfast. (There is a midnight snacker in our neighborhood with keys to our house-so I've been told)



So this Friday Jordan took me to a really nice restaurant in Midtown. It was the Lever House Restaurant. The Lever House is a great modern building that always has interesting art installations in the lobby. The last exhibit was by British artist Damian Hirst. We had a chance to see that exhibit a few weeks ago. It is now in the process of being dismantled. I happened to notice some interesting shadows on the plastic curtains that were up on the windows.





So after snapping a few photos of shadows we were off to dinner. The interior of the Lever House Restaurant is terrific. It is described online as Mid-Century Modern. It is the type of design that Jordan is into. It was funny, as we were leaving we heard a British man say "It's like 2001 a Space Odyssey". The food was fantastic. I tried the lobster. Jordan had the porkchop. I had a decadent chocolate caramel tart with peanut icecream. Jordan had the cheese plate. I should not have had the coffee. I was up most of the night with all the sugar and caffeine. Oh well it was worth it. I wonder what next Friday night will bring?

No comments: