Monday, March 17, 2008

Friday at the MOMA

Friday I found out that I was able to leave work early. So what did I do? Went to MOMA and boy was it crowded. Tried to take in the new show "Design and the Elastic Mind" I couldn't spend to much time there. So many people that it was hard to move around and see the exhibits. A friend went on Saturday and said it was the same situation. I did like this piece. I guess the idea is that the plant would twine its way through the hoops and become a screen.



I also checked out the color show while I was there. I enjoyed that. I really liked the installation of the Dan Flavin piece. It was in a spot where it could really be appreciated. It confirmed to me that where the Dia Center has their Dan Flavin pieces installed is unfortunate.
I also enjoyed lunch in the cafe and this cardboard sculpture .



No comments: