Thursday, March 06, 2008

The Berch Files Begin Now



This is a project I have been meaning to get to for a while. There is a painter who paints on shop fronts, delis, and restaurant windows. Jordan and I have always noticed his work. We saw a lot of it in Jordan's old neighborhood up on Ditmars. Berch's style is unmistakable. Jordan has seen him at work and has talked to him. I don't think he lives here in Astoria. I forget where Jordan said he lives but, he has a lot of patrons in the Ditmars area. I have spotted some examples around 30th Avenue. The Bagel Shop window pictured here is on 30th Avenue.





This Tuxedo Shop window is on Steinway Street. There are many more examples out there. Spring is just around the corner and will be a great time to scout out some Berch works. As I find them, I will post them. Maybe one day I will get to see Berch working.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Berch lives in New Jersey somewhere, but I'm guessing he's originally from a Carribean Island.

He is very soft spoken and is very into Jesus.